FIDA Nigeria Unveils Roadmap to Bayelsa State 2023 Off-Cycle Gubernatorial Elections
The International Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA) Nigeria, through its intervention titled “Enhancing Women and Women with Disabilities Participation & Representation in the Political Process & Governance,” supported by the Canada Funds for Local Initiative (CFLI), will commence a series of activities as a buildup to the Bayelsa State Gubernatorial Elections scheduled for November 11th, 2023. These activities are geared towards ensuring effective observation of the political process while synergizing with stakeholders in creating a gender-responsive and protective environment that promotes inclusivity and participation of women and other vulnerable groups in the political process.
Below are the key activities heralding the Gubernatorial Elections:
• Monday, 6th November 2023: A virtual demonstration of FIDA Nigeria’s observation tool to be deployed at the November 11th, 2023 Governorship Elections to relevant stakeholders at 3 pm Nigeria time.
• Tuesday, 7th November 2023: Stakeholders Engagement with civil society groups in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.
• Wednesday, 8th November 2023: Capacity-building workshop for Women Election Observers in observing, documenting, and reporting women’s political participation in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.
• Thursday, 9th November 2023: Dissemination of FIDA Nigeria’s Pre-Election Statement on the preparedness of the Election Management Body (INEC) and Security agencies in enabling women’s political participation.
• Friday, 10th November 2023: Refresher training for Election Data analysts and incident reporters.
• Saturday, 11th November 2023: Opening of the FIDA Nigeria Election Data Analytical Centre at 7.30 am in Abuja, Federal Capital Territory.
• Saturday, 11th November 2023: Dissemination of interim findings/statement from the elections by 12 noon.
• Saturday, 11th November 2023: Dissemination of preliminary findings/statement from the elections by 5 PM.
• Monday, 13th November 2023: Dissemination of post-election statement by noon.
Citizens are enjoined to participate in our activities, which will be amplified via our social media handles, as we envisage a safe environment for women’s participation in the electoral process.
May God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Amina Agbaje (Mrs)
Country Vice President/National President