FIDA Abuja was at the Faculty of Law, BAZE University On the 27th of September to train law students on Gender based Violence. They were trained by the branch’s remarkable Assistant General Secretary, Ezinwa Obiajunwa, a passionate activist on issues relating to gender equality, children and human rights violations with over 5 years’ experience.
The event captured all the various forms of GBV and achieved the purpose of educating the youth, understanding that they are the future of tomorrow.
FIDA Abuja took up this project in partnership with Oxfam voice project and looks forward to a continuing relationship in sensitizing the Nigerian people on the VAPP Act and other relevant laws in line with the FIDA objectives.
On Wednesday the 13th of July 2016 the incumbent Executive Committee of Fida Nigeria, Abuja Branch (elected on the 11th of May 2016) was duly inaugurated by the Honourable Chief Judge of the Federal Capital Territory, Justice Ishaq U. Bello at the Ceremonial Courtroom of the FCT High Court. The elected officials are:
1. Ngozi Theresa Ikenga – Chairperson
2. Rekia Rachael Adejo-Andrew – Vice Chairperson
3. Grace Popoola – General Secretary
4. Esther Onyebuchi Omaka – Asst. General Secretary
5. Damilola Awesu – Treasurer
6. Olufunmilayo Igunnu – Financial Secretary
7. Chioma Onyenucheya-Uko – Public Relations Officer/Editor
8. Ndidi Ezinwa-Ukoha – Asst. Public Relations Officer
9. Stella Odinakachi Duru – Welfare Secretary
It is my pleasure to present to you a few pictures from the event.