FIDA Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below
The International Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA) Nigeria is a non-profit, non-governmental organization made up of over 4,800 female lawyers with several years of experience in utilizing the law to address social problems in Nigeria. The organization’s mandate is the enhancement, promotion, protection, and preservation of the rights and welfare of women and children in Nigeria. FIDA Nigeria implements key projects and activities aimed at providing access to justice to indigent persons, particularly women, and children.
FIDA Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Terms of Reference
This position will be responsible for monitoring and evaluation of projects implemented by FIDA Nigeria. The M & E Officer will work under the overall guidance and supervision of the FIDA Nigeria National President/Country Vice President, National Secretary, and other National Executives, and report to them through the Program Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will carry out the following tasks:
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection, and evaluation procedures;
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures, and progress towards achieving the project output with impact indicator;
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results;
- Provide feedback to the Program Manager on project strategies and activities;
- Suggest strategies for project management to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, and annual progress on all projects to the Country Vice President/ National President, Deputy, and Program Manager;
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system;
- Willingness to travel at short notice to project location
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for periodic reports to the project management team and development partners;
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Program Manager in preparing relevant reports;
- Perform other duties as required.
Demonstrates professional competence in women’s and children’s rights and the rule of law as well as, knowledge of related policies and practices at the national, regional, and international levels;
Demonstrates knowledge of programme management cycle, including monitoring and reporting;
Ability to identify and contribute to the solution of problems/issues with a display of persistence;
Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results;
Motivated by professional rather than personal concerns;
Ability to collaborate with colleagues within and outside of FIDA Nigeria to achieve organizational goals;
Ability to solicit inputs by genuinely valuing the ideas and expertise of others;
Willingness to learn from others;
Support and act following the team and organizational decisions.
3. Planning & Organizing:
Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate, and monitor work while prioritizing competing demands;
Foresight for risks and contingencies when planning.
Ability to write clearly and concisely and to communicate effectively with a range of audiences, including the ability to prepare reports and make presentations in a variety of fora;
Ability to conduct presentations by clearly formulating positions on issues, articulating options concisely, conveying maximum necessary information as well as making and defending recommendations.
At least 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/Government;
Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of reports;
University Degree preferably in Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, or any of the social sciences;
Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software;
Strong training & facilitation skills.
Qualified candidates should send their curriculum vitae of not more than 2 pages with relevant details to the advertised TOR and a 1 paged cover letter addressed to the National Secretary, FIDA Nigeria to firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject of the e-mail should be “Application for the Position of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer”.
Deadline: 25th July 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.