FIDA Nigeria is recruiting to fill the positions below
Vacancy for the position of project officer, Edo State
ABOUT FIDA NIGERIA
The International Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA Nigeria) is a non-profit, non-political, voluntary association of women called to the practice of law in Nigeria. FIDA Nigeria’s primary role is to protect, promote and preserve the rights of women and children in Nigeria. Its core values are transparency, accountability, teamwork, integrity, mutual respect, commitment, service and we are non-partisan.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer
Location: Edo State
Job Type: 1-year Contract
Reports to: Programme Manager.
- The Project officer under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager will support the Programme Department in project implementation, project delivery, reporting, resource mobilization, and other related needs were necessary.
- Under the supervision of the Programme Manager, provide technical leadership on the implementation of the project in the State.
- Plan and implement project activities in the state in close collaboration with the resident FIDA State branch and proactively deal with arising challenges, nuances, or changes.
- In collaboration with the resident FIDA state branch, develop and maintain stakeholder and network relationships which are essential to the successful implementation of the project.
- Develop products and prepare project and activity reports, technical briefings, background papers, and update notes for the Palladium project in the State.
- Work to ensure the successful implementation of the project in the state;
- Contribute to the adherence to donor/grant requirements, including financial standards.
- Collaborate with the Finance staff to ensure the proper management of financial records, including the provision of complete documentation for requests and retirements.
- Support the smooth and effective flow of communication with FIDA Nigeria and the state branch.
- Support the Programme Manager and other project staff in maintaining communication with partners, including official letters, requests for technical assistance, and the process of identifying participants and national experts, including trainers, for activities under the project.
- Represent (with approval from the Branch Chairperson and Program Manager) the state branch at meetings, and workshops relating to this project and report back to the respective persons.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the National Exco, Branch Chairperson, or Branch Exco and the Programme Manager.
Qualifications & Competency Requirements
Minimum of a BSc in Law, Social Science, Arts, or any other related field.
Minimum of 2-3 years cognate working experience within the NGO Space.
Knowledge of SGBV & CEFM issues, advocacy, research, and policy development.
Excellent presentation, facilitation, problem-solving and analytical skills.
Ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively with a wide range of audiences at various levels.
Ability to build and maintain relationships with partner agencies and key contacts in the government, NGO, civil society, and media sectors.
Ability to work independently and manage various projects with limited supervision.
Good knowledge and use of MS Suite (excel, word, PowerPoint and outlook)
Must be resident in Edo State
Willing to start immediately
- Must be fluent in English.
Application Closing Date:
Friday 3rd February 2023
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
- Resumes should include references.
- Do NOT send links to online resumes or CVs.
- Candidates should use the following subject in their email submission “Job Title”
- Only successful candidates will be contacted.