FIDA Nigeria Invites Applications for Programme Officer
Job Vacancy for Canadian High Commission’s 2022/23 CFLI program Funded Project Officer.
The International Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA) Nigeria is a national non-profit, non-governmental, civil society organization of women lawyers established to promote, protect and preserve the rights, interests, and well-being of women and children through the use of the legal framework to ensure that they live free from all forms of discrimination, violence, and abuse in the society.
FIDA Nigeria has been at the forefront of advocating for laws and policies that protect the rights, including sexual and reproductive health rights, and dignity of women and girls; that ultimately seek to prevent all forms of violence that may be meted against them. In pursuing our objectives, we carry out advocacy, citizen engagement, and policy campaigns. We also provide technical assistance in legal education, training, mediation, and counseling to governmental and non-governmental institutions.
FIDA Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job title: Project Officer
Location: Plateau State
Type: Six-month fixed term
The project aims at building a cohort of Women in advancing Peacebuilding in two vulnerable communities across Bassa and Barkin Ladi Local Government Areas of Plateau State, North Central Nigeria through building skill sets of community-based women leaders, especially within a conflict context as they require a deeper understanding of the dynamics and nuances of such an environment in addressing the prevailing gender issues affecting security operations.
The individual will work towards achieving the major goals of the project to
- Establish the roles of women as peacebuilders and mediators in focal communities.
- Provide platforms for shared learning on participatory peace process by women amongst local communities
- Enhance a collaborative and coordinated approach between security actors and focal communities in mitigating conflicts
The Project Officer will work under the overall guidance and supervision of the FIDA Nigeria’s National President/Country Vice President, National Secretary, and other members of the National Executive Council, and would report to these individuals through the Programme Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will carry out the following tasks:
- Plan and implement the Project activities in Plateau State in close collaboration with the resident FIDA State branch and proactively deal with arising challenges, nuances, or changes.
- In collaboration with the resident FIDA state branch, develop and maintain stakeholder and network relationships essential to the project’s successful implementation.
- Develop products and prepare project and activity reports, technical briefings, background papers, and update notes for the project in the state.
- Contribute to the adherence to donor/grant requirements, including financial standards.
- Collaborate with the Accounts staff to ensure the proper management of financial records, including the provision of complete documentation for requests and retirements.
- Support the smooth and effective flow of communication between FIDA Nigeria, the State branch, and project stakeholders.
- Demonstrates professional competence in women and children’s rights, rule of law as well as, and knowledge of related policies and practices at the national, regional, and international levels.
- Demonstrates knowledge of programme management cycle, including monitoring and reporting.
- Ability to identify and contribute to the solution of problems/issues with a display of persistence.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results.
- Motivated by professional drive rather than personal concerns;
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues within and outside of FIDA Nigeria to achieve organizational goals;
- Ability to solicit inputs by genuinely valuing the ideas and expertise of others;
- Willingness to learn from others;
- Support and act in accordance with team and organizational decisions;
3. Planning & Organizing:
- Ability to establish priorities, to plan, coordinate, and monitor work while prioritizing competing demands;
- Foresight for risks and contingencies when planning;
- Ability to monitor and adjust plans and projects as necessary;
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively with a range of audiences, including the ability to prepare reports and make presentations in a variety of fora;
- Ability to conduct presentations by clearly formulating positions on issues, articulating options concisely, conveying maximum necessary information, and making and defending recommendations.
Minimum Required Experience:
- 2 years’ work experience in addressing women’s and children’s rights issues
- Experience in project implementation
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following: Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution, Sociology & Related fields
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Qualified candidates should send their curriculum vitae and formal application addressed to the Country’s Vice-President/National President at email@example.com.
The subject of the e-mail should be “Application for the Position of Project Officer Plateau State”.
Deadline: 1st August 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.