Continuing Legal Education Session FIDA Nigeria NEC Meeting
Day 2: Following the opening ceremony, the business session commenced with Continuing Legal Education for FIDANs where in presentations were made by different FIDA Executive at the State and National levels. The sessions was anchored by the National Publicity Secretary FIDA Nigeria Mrs. Christy Oyanvutu.
To build the capacity of participants a range of Topical issues were discussed including:
- Overview of the leadership training by Beatrice Awah, Assistant National Secretary
- Mediation, Counselling and Advocacy by Hon. Ruqayya Ibrahim Kewa, FIDA Bauchi PRO
- Operational Plan & SWOT (Personal and Branch) by Safiya Musa Salihu, FIDA Bauchi Treasurer
- Effective Mechanisms for conflict resolution between members & branches by Elizabeth Okotie, FIDA Gombe
- The specifics of effective communication skills by Nachamada Shaltha, Assistant National Publicity Secretary
- Overview of SOP on Case Management; case database and uploading cases by Evelyn Asimiea, DCVP
- Overview of SOP on Multiple Branches within a State by Eliana Martins, National Secretary
- Overview of SOP on Finance by Chineze Obianyo Fin Sec
- Overview of on-going Projects and implementation by Fikih Obaro, Programme Manager
- Navigating Branch Portals & Use of social media platforms by Truman Tyoden, Communications/IT Officer 2
The sessions were interactive
To round off activities for the Day was a surprise presentation of a birthday cake and gift for the Program Manager FIDA Nigeria Mr. Fikih Obaro, as the house sang him a birthday song.
The CVP Emeritus, Rhoda Prevail on behalf of FIDA Nigeria did a presentation to the Celebrant. It was a fun-filled afternoon.