- Office Address:NBA house, behind high court of Justice, Off Sapele Road, Benin City
- Phone No: 08033082381,08091793343
- E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of branch inauguration: 1991
Chairperson – Chief Mrs Iyom Anenih
Secretary – Justice E. Ikponmwonba
Chairperson – Dr. Ododo Odaro
Chairperson – Stella Ojeme
Vice Chairperson – Iryn Omorogiuwa
Secretary – Edeko Maria
Asst. Secretary – Josephine Obasohan
Public Relations Officer – Ifueko Ize-Iyamu
Asst. Public Relations Officer – Itohan Okungbowa
Treasurer – Grace Asemota
Asst. Treasurer – Stella Idehen
Financial Secretary – Regina Ngozi Oyebuchi
Asst. Financial Secretary – Mercy Ehanire
Chairperson – Maria Edeko
Vice Chairperson – Olumese O. Violet
Secretary – Yakubu C.I.
Asst. Secretary – Ose Akhahon
Treasurer – Igbinomwanhia U.P.
PRO – Ade-Akhani Gloria
Welfare Secretary – Kate Mordi
Asst. Treasurer – Agbale Paula
Financial Secretary – Stella I. Agoha
Asst. Financial Secretary – J. Uwa Edegbe
Asst. Welfare Secretary – Chime Ifeoma F.
Asst. Pro – Florence Okundaye
2018 – Date
Chairperson – Iryn Omorogiuwa
Vice Chairperson – Ulo Uzamere
Secretary – Stella Agoha
Assistant Secretary – Tega Awaritoma
Treasurer – Francesca Elema
Assistant Treasurer – Joyce Odiase
Welfare Secretary – Paula Agbale
Assistant Welfare Secretary – Clementina Raji
Financial Secretary – F.I.Chime
Assistant Financial Secretary – Rosemary Otobo
PRO – Florence Okundaye
Assistant PRO – Okeoghene Abhulimhen
13th April, 2020
FIDA Nigeria, Edo State Branch distributed items as palliative to indigent women in the society to alleviate the hardship occasioned by the novel Corona virus pandemic and also issued press statements decrying the increase in domestic violence and child abuse owing to the stay at home directive as a precaution to stop the spread of COVID-19.
11th October, 2019
FIDA Nigeria Edo State Branch commemorate the International Day of the Girl Child on the 11th of October 2019 with the theme “GirlForce: Unscripted and Unstoppable”. The Chairperson and members visited schools to raise the awareness of the needs and challenges girls face and also celebrate their strength.
Training of paralegals to aid in the collation of data and monitoring of incidence of Female Genital Mutilation. These reports were forwarded to the Edo State House of Assembly and subsequently formed the basis for the passage of the law on Female Genital Mutilation.
Zero tolerance to rape and defilement ; End to Violence Against Women. It was this programmme that heralded the women voice and children especially the girl child, in the area of sexual violence done against them. They became aware that speaking out was the only way they could get justice. It was indeed a knowledge packed programme as it heralded a new approach to issues of rape and defilement in Edo State and the country at large. It was stated the culture of Edo State speaking out agaist rape and defilement
1. Launch of stop Violence Against Women in Election (stop- VAWIE)
2. FIDA Edo pushed for the establishment of family courts in Edo State and this was done by the Chief Justice of Edo State.
1. Advocacy push that led to the passage of the Administration of Criminal Justice Law of Edo State (ACJL).
2. Seminar and launching for the building of FIDA Edo Secretariat on 14th July 2017
3. Successful prosecution of sensitive cases
Osayande v Osayande. Mrs. Osayande a widow came to complain to FIDA that because her husband died intestate that her children were to be denied their inheritance. That their uncle wanted to inherit the gratuity of the deseased. FIDA stood vehemently against the harmful traditional practice and ensure that the children and wife got their inheritance according to law
2018 till date
1. Advocacy visit to Chief Gabriel Osawaru Igbinedion on the activities of FIDA and for the first time a Siena Car was given to FIDA Edo
2. In December 2018 FIDA Edo held a Christmas party for the inmates at the remand home. FIDA thereafter undertake representation for the inmates that needed legal representation.
3. In February 2019, FIDA Edo Branch organized a Voters sensitization programme. There was a rally at Ekiosa Market and New Benin Market. The people were taught on how to vote and the need to vote. They were enjoined not to sell their votes. Voters sensitization pamphlet were also distributed.
4. FIDA Edo Branch celebrated the International Women’s Day on the 8th of March 2019. The Chairperson Iryn Omorogiuwa was a guest on Independent Television &Radio (ITV) Radio programme tagged “Man Around Town”to discuss the significance of IWD and the provisions of the VAPP law.
5. FIDA Edo Branch paid a courtesy visit to the Assistant Inspector General of Police zone 5 on the 21st of March 2019. The AIG D.P Yakadi promised to work with FIDA.
6) The Violence against Persons Prohibition Law 2019 was passed into law after FIDA led a rally to decry the wanton abuses meted upon female members of the public by stripping them naked. The Bill on Violence against Persons Prohibition which had suffered several setbacks and delay was signed into law flowing from these protest match.